Unit 5: Right Triangles (G8)
G.8 The student will solve real-world problems involving right triangles by using the Pythagorean Theorem and its converse, properties of special right triangles, and right triangle trigonometry.
Unit 5 Skills
- Given the Angle of Elevation/Depression and one side, find missing side.
- Given legs, find hypotenuse.
- Given angle and leg, find hypotenuse.
- Given three sides, Right, obtuse, or acute?
- Given angle and leg, find leg.
- Convert radical notation into decimal.
- Given angle and hypotenuse, find leg.
- Setup trig equations
- Determine trig function values
- Find altitude of equilateral triangles given side.
- Find length of diagonal of square given side length.
- Find perimeter of square given diagonal length.
- Given two sides of a right triangle, find the angle.
- Each skill matches testing form and rigor at least 50% of questions.
- Each skill has a prescribed instructional procedure.
- Each skill has corresponding Worksheet and Quizzes with at least 3 versions of each.